Saturday, August 2, 2008

just stopping by to drop a note...

So now that the library I work in has been open for a few months, we have our "regulars" that see me every so often outside of the library in the area surrounding the library (i.e. the shopping/strip mall). They call me Library Lady. I don't mind it.

Things here have been pretty good- SRP winding down, I'm getting handed some cool projects and opportunities that I'm excited about. This week was not only productive, but made me feel good for numerous reasons. I've felt like I've honestly helped people, and my friendly interpersonal skills have helped to temporarily sedate an otherwise grumpy old man. My teens are RSVPing to the Volunteen thank you party next week. I'm grateful that they're looking forward to it. And earlier this week one of our Network Administrators called me a "whiz" (aka genius) because I responded properly to a PC that was Out of Order. See?! Lots of pickmeup things happened this week.

It doesn't hurt that tomorrow's my birthday and I'm going to go on a date tonight with the boyfriend, who I'm falling madly in love with in that gooey sickening way that makes your stomach flutter. I'm sure that has something to do with the positive attitude this week. But I'll take it.

More to come......

No comments: